Some say we haven't changed. Some say we've made irrational choices. Some say it's just an excuse.
But one day a year we all stand united, we all become the best Americans we can, we all put ourselves aside for a day. One day a year we remember, we honour, we grieve. We wave our flags high.
Never Forget: September 11, 2001 (9/11)
10 years ago I was in my parents bedroom all ready for school, I was in 6th grade. The TV was on and my parents and I watched while the horrible events of the morning. I didn't really understand it, but I knew it was bad.
Yesterday I met a lady who was in New York that terrible day.She told my mom and me how she could never forget that day. The sight of people jumping out of windows, the smell of burning flesh, the shock of it all. One positive thing she did say was the whole city came together and help everyone and anything. She said to this day she makes sure she is working on the 11th. She has to keep busy, then at the end of the day, when she is at home she will break down and cry. I never thought of the witnesses of 9/11. How their life was also turned upside down. My heart goes out not only to those who lost family and loved ones, but also to the survivors and witnesses of that horrible day. To those who had to make the hardest decision of their life that day. I honour and am so grateful for those who gave and lost their lives. To those who give their lives so that I may have a safe place to live. To the military, firefighters, policemen, paramedics, etc. To those who went back to help those in need, did not runaway from those who tried to tear us down. To a country that stood united when under attack.
I am proud to be an American
I will never forget.
Beautifully put, KK. It's hard to put into words the things we all feel about 9/11, and I think yours sums it up. We are grateful. We cannot and will not ever forget.
ReplyDelete