Monday, April 8, 2013

Weekend Reboot

General Conference:
possibly the best four days, two weekends of the year for Mormons.  There's not many other people that would get excited about spending their Saturday & Sunday watching four hours of religious talk.  That's Mormons for you.  And I LOVE it! I love being a Mormon. I love General Conference.  I love hanging on the couch, notebook in hand hearing the words of our amazing church leaders.  I agree, it's weird.  I thought it was weird when I was younger as well. Still, nothing beats uplifting, inspiring words of the prophet & apostles.  Conference weekend is like a reboot to your system.  Both spiritually & emotionally.

Don't get me wrong.  There were conferences that I didn't get much out of.  It was just the usual excuse to watch church in your pajamas & get away with sleeping most the day.  Yet, as I have grown & my testimony as grown with me I have learned the importance of actually listening & paying better attention to the words which were being spoken.  The Lord knows us all to well & if we are not careful we will miss out on the inspiration & answers we are asking for.

I love General Conference.  I wish we could have it every week.  What a treat for us to be given counsel from the great men & women called from Heavenly Father to help us & guide us through our time on earth.  I am so grateful for their love & their guidance.  To help us return to our Father in Heaven.  I am so grateful for my Heavenly Father & for my Savior Jesus Christ, that I am given such great examples in my life.  Examples to help me & guide me to make & choose a righteous life.

To many who think it strange, they do not understand or are ignorant to the ways of the Mormon religion.  I agree, many of the traditions & rituals may seem silly. Still, how can something that can bring you SO much happiness & peace be looked down upon or be wrong? I have not always been strong in standing up for what I believe.  I've been embarrassed or cared too much what others though.  I struggled & fought to get where I am today & I still strive everyday to be better.  I am proud to say now that I am a Mormon, a Latter-Day-Saint.  I cannot deny the feeling I get when I am at church or at the temple.  This gospel is true.  Heavenly Father loves us, He loves me & He has provided a way back to Him.

url.jpg
I am grateful everyday for this gospel, for the guidance & counsel of our great church leaders.  I am incredibly grateful for my Savior who provided me with the atonement.  That because of Him I can strive daily to become a better person & to know I am not alone, ever.  I am grateful for my loving family, without them I would not be able to make it.  I am grateful for the scriptures from which we learn of the truthfulness of this gospel.  I know without a doubt that this church is true.  I cannot deny that peace & happiness it brings me.  The surety there is a God and He loves us.  I know it in my heart. I am a Child of God.  I know as I seek to become a righteous witness of Christ & stand firm in His ways I can be with my Heavenly Father again.



No comments:

Post a Comment